Sunday, February 14, 2010

Remembering John

John Larson was a true friend. I cannot count the times I saw him helping other people. He really did put others before himself.

I remember a time when we were having a problem with one of our sinks. It wasn't urgent, but I thought I'd ask John to give me a hand (since he was studying plumbing). Kristi Kay told me that he had a lot on his plate that week, so I just asked him to pick a day that week (or the next) when he wasn't too busy.

Well, he came right over, IMMEDIATELY, and fixed my sink! That's just how he was, selfless in service.

Though I wish things had been different between he and Kristi Kay, John has left us all a wonderful legacy in Megan and Josh. Tears came to my eyes as I watched them play yesterday... I could see reflections of John in their beautiful smiling faces.

Thank you, John, for sharing your life with us. May you rest in peace, knowing that you are loved by so many. You are greatly missed, and your kindness will be remembered by all.

Sincerely,


Joe Haggard

No comments:

Post a Comment