Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Eulogy.

For John Larson's Eulogy, his brother Ben gathered stories from
family and friends. He mostly shared funny stories about
John and about the loving.kind.silly.friendly.brave. person he is.
But before Ben started he said, "I don't really want to do this. I don't understand why we wait until after someone we love dies, to praise them and let them know how much we love them."

That really got me thinking.
I need to do more "eulogies" for my family and friends
who I love so much.
We made this memory book for {my} John last Father's Day.
Each of us write down a memory of him and put it in a book.
That's his present.
I am now going to purchase books for the rest of us,
so we can start a tradition and "give praises"
to each other...
for birthday's, for Family Home Evening, for special Holidays
and for "just becauses".

Why don't you join me?
Join me in gathering your families around the living room
and turning off all electrical devices. Turn off your phones and
whatever else you are using.
At least for 15 minutes.
Spend your time with each other.
Telling stories.
Laughing.
Becoming closer as a family.
Getting to know each other better.
And expressing your love and appreciation for the ones you love the most.




from:linz

No comments:

Post a Comment