Sunday, February 14, 2010

Memories from Ryan Forbes

I remember one time me and john riding in ole blue, and we came across a guy that was pushing his broken down car up a steep hill. John drove past him and we pulled over at the nearest turn off. Without hesitation he jumped out and we both started running down the hill in our church clothes. The man pushing the car didn't even notice us since his face was looking at the ground and it looked like he could go no further, the car was almost at a dead stop. We got behind the car and started pushing as hard as we could. The man noticed his car moving again and with renewed strength he kept going and we helped him reach the top. This was Johns nature he was always so giving and took no thought for himself. He was a natural leader with his caring nature and crazy fun personality. I would go with him anywhere knowing we would have a great time.
I remember when I first really started to get to know john, it was during a difficult time in my life we had moved and my dad left our family. John would call every sat night and get me to come out to the dances, he wouldn't even ask if I wanted to come he just said he was picking me up.John I will be forever grateful to you for making me feel included and taking the time to get to know me and letting me be apart of your life. I love you my lifelong friend and brother you made a huge impact on my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment